The association will be organizing four ranking tournaments valid for the World Championships 2021 qualifications. The tournaments will include four categories, Mens, Under 18’s, Under 23’s and Over 50’s. The winners of the Mens, Under 23’s and Over 50’s categories win a place in their respective national team representing our country in the coming World Championships being held in Birmingham, England, between the 16th and 27th August 2021.
All players participating in these tournaments will be awarded points depending on the results achieved. The following is table of points each player will be awarded:
- Players reaching the final will be awarded 225 points
- Players reaching the semi finals will be awarded 170 points
- Players reaching the quarter finals stages will be awarded 130 points
- Players reaching the last 16 stage will be awarded 100 points
- Players reaching the last 32 stage will be awarded 75 points
- Players reaching the last 64 stage will be awarded 55 points
- Players reaching the last 128 stage will be awarded 40 points
Players awarding a walkover during the tournament will loose all points won in the same tournament. Players can only participate in one category and have to make up their decision before the commencement of World Ranking Tournament No. 1.
The dates of the tournaments are scheduled as follows:
- World Rank 1 – 04/11/20 to 13/11/20
- World Rank 2 – 18/11/20 to 27/11/20
- World Rank 3 – 03/12/20 to 16/12/20
- World Rank 4 – 17/12/20 to 29/12/20
All games are being played at St. George’s Band Club, Qormi. Finals will be live streamed on the association’s facebook page and youtube channel.
Entry fee for each tournaments cost Euro 12. Players opting to play all tournaments (including the World Rankings – Total 8 tournaments) will be allowed a discounted pay of Euro 80 for all the tournaments which fee has to be paid in advance before the commencement of Euro Ranking Tournament No. 1.
Players can register their participation online – Click here