The association will be holding four ranking tournaments valid for the World Championships 2023 qualifications. The tournaments will include four categories Mens, Under 18’s, Under 23’s and Over 50’s. All players commence this series of events on zero points. The winners of the four tournaments, the winner of the National Singles Championships and the top 3 players in the ranking list will compose the Mens National team while the winners and the top 2 players in the Over 50’s category will book a place in the Over 50’s national team. The winner of each tournament in the Under 25’s category will make it in the Under 25’s respective national team.
The championships are being held in Agadir, Morocco, between the 27th May and 7th June 2023.
All players participating in these tournaments will be awarded points depending on the results achieved. The following is table of points each player will be awarded:
- Players winning the tournament will be awarded 300 points
- Players reaching the final will be awarded 225 points
- Players reaching the semi finals will be awarded 170 points
- Players reaching the quarter finals stages will be awarded 130 points
- Players reaching the last 16 stage will be awarded 100 points
- Players reaching the last 32 stage will be awarded 75 points
- Players reaching the last 64 stage will be awarded 55 points
- Players reaching the last 128 stage will be awarded 40 points
Players awarding a walkover during the tournament will loose all points won in the same tournament. Players can only participate in one category and have to make up their decision before the commencement of World Ranking Tournament No. 1.
The dates of the tournaments are scheduled as follows:
- World Rank 1 – 21/11/22 to 06/12/22
- World Rank 2 – 15/12/22 to 30/12/22
- World Rank 3 – 13/02/23 to 17/02/23
- World Rank 4 – 06/03/23 to 17/03/23
All games are being played at St. George’s Band Club, Qormi. Finals will be live streamed on the association’s facebook page and youtube channel.
Entry fee for each tournaments cost Euro 15. Players opting to play all tournaments (including the Euro Rankings – Total 8 tournaments) will be allowed a discounted pay of Euro 100 for all the tournaments. All fees have to be paid in advance before the closure of registrations.
Players can register their participation online – Click here